Project 2: Teaching in an elementary school, where I was immediately instated as “The English Teacher”.
- Their morning routine of standing in line and praying, singing the national anthem, reading the newspaper and morning gymnastics. Impressive…
- The number of times I had to respond to “Goodmorning, Ma’am” and shake hands.
- The amount of trust the teachers had in me, giving me a personal schedule and the full (English) responsibility in all the classes.
- The challenge of teaching English in an Indian school, where more than half of the students didn’t purchase the necessary books… And where the younger students don’t communicate in English yet, so they just repeat every word you say… 🙂
- School was from 7:30 until 12:30, in a futile attempt to avoid overheating.
- My time here was short, because of the summer holiday, in a successful attempt to avoid overheating.